If you want to learn more about us, you’re in the right place. Read to learn how we work to grow our band family.
The success of the Newport Band program relies on volunteer support from parents and the community. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator if you’d like to support us with your time or if you just have questions – there’s no obligation! Following are some ways volunteers can help:
- Chaperoning on trips (bus attendance, supervising students)
- Gala (organization, planning, making phone calls, coordinating details)
- Jazz Festival (organization, planning, sending invitations to bands, coordinating schedule and details)
- Football games (handing out and collecting the uniforms, plumes, gauntlets, drum major podiums)
- Marching performances (chaperoning, distributing plumes/gauntlets/drum major podiums, moving pit equipment)
- Trailer (hauling the red trailer to marching competitions, Solo & Ensemble, Gala, etc.)
- Videography (filming our performances and posting to YouTube)
- Organization (cleaning and sorting band music, making copies)
- Uniforms (helping on fitting days)
EACH GIFT DIRECTLY IMPACTS OUR PROGRAMS
Newport Band Parent Association (NBPA) is a 501(c)(3) organization ID number 82-5443582. Donate by sending a check made out to “Newport Band Parents Association” to NBPA, PO Box 40011, Bellevue, WA 98015.
You can also donate your time and talents by volunteering.
The pie chart below represents the planned spending for this school year.
EXPECTATIONS OF BAND FAMILIES
How do we continue a strong band program? Each band family needs to step up in some way.
Each band family is expected to help fill the gap between the NBPA fees and the amount spent per student. This year, that gap is $400 per student. Each band family may:
- donate additional funds to NBPA,
- volunteer 15-20 hours for band events or to plan and prepare the gala,
- become a NBPA board member,
- donate to the gala, and/or
- attend the gala.